This cherry cheesecake lush dessert is an easy no-bake recipe made with a buttery golden Oreo crust, cool and creamy cheesecake, sweet cherries, and a sprinkle of pecans.
There’s no need to fire up the oven for this cherry cheesecake lush. With its golden Oreo base and creamy no-bake cheesecake layers of sweet cherry pie filling, velvety cream cheese, and whipped cream, this dessert is so delicious and satisfying you’ll be looking for any reason to make it.
Prep Time: 20mins
Cook Time: 2hrs
Total Time: 2hrs 20mins
Keyword: Cherry Cheesecake Lush Recipe Servings: 16 Calories: 487kcal
- 14.3 ounces vanilla sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos or generic, approximately 36 cookies, 2½ cups when crushed)
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing the dish)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), defrosted and divided into 1 cup, ½ cup, and the remainder
- 6.8 ounces cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix (two 3.4-ounce boxes)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling (two 21-ounce cans)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, crush the vanilla sandwich cookies until small even crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the cookie mixture into the greased baking dish and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill while preparing the next layer.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup of frozen whipped topping until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the chilled cookie crumb layer and place back into freezer for another 10 minutes.
- With a whisk or beater, combine both packages of pudding mix, milk, and ½ cup of frozen whipped topping. Whisk until combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Spread the pudding layer over the chilled cream cheese layer and chill for 30 minutes or until the pudding is set.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the chilled pudding layer. Spread carefully so that it doesn’t mix with the layers beneath.
- Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and chill in fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
- Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before starting this step. If your cream cheese is too hard, it can result in lumps in your cheesecake.
- Chilling overnight will allow all the flavors to mingle and blend together even more!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS:
RASPBERRIES: For a fun twist on this dessert, try using raspberry pie filling instead of cherry filling. You can also add fresh raspberries to the top of the cheesecake.
WALNUTS: Instead of pecans, chopped walnuts can be a delicious alternative.
NO NUTS: If you don’t like nuts or can’t use them due to nut allergies, you can skip adding them to the top of the cherry cheesecake lush dessert.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 588IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg